An organization’s proper functioning depends on multiple aspects, a major chunk of which are the employees. Setting down and maintaining its framework, human resource department ensures the smooth flow of work in and growth of an organization. Let’s see how the HR makes all these possible:
- Budget Control: HR assists the organization to prosper under less expenditure. Market research on the cost of recruitment and employee benefits, and laying down a comprehensive plan is one of their main purposes.
- Recruitment and Retention: An organization is incurred with a lot of expenses due to wrong recruitment or attrition. The HR effectively filters potential candidates, recruits responsibly, and sets down benefits and policies that would maintain employee satisfaction.
- Maintaining Productivity: HR performs the responsibility to develop performance management system to keep a tap on employees’ productivity in the organization making efficient use of the stipulated working hours.
- Policies /Office Culture: The HR lays down a set of policies that builds the office culture of a certain organization. From working hours to dress codes each parameter contributes to the structure of the corporate environment.
- Training and Development: The HR team performs identification of employees for training requirements through comprehensive assessments. Training sessions are conducted, thereafter to suit the work requirements of the company.
- Legal Matters: HR managers see to employers’ compliance with the employment laws declared by the state like grant of 26 weeks of maternity leave, equal pay and raise of salary for eligible employees etc.
- Employee Grievance Redressal: The HR team is the sole body responsible to maintain an environment of peace and amicability in the workstation. They, therefore, duly resolve issues among employees or between employee and employer.